A Catholic Community of Learners, Opening Hearts, Minds, and Doors
Lakeland Catholic School District is comprised of 8 schools, located in the City of Cold Lake, the Town of Bonnyville, the Village of Waskatenau and Lac La Biche.
We are dedicated to providing fully permeated Catholic Education to the communities we serve. With classrooms built for the 21st century learner, and a proven French Immersion program from Kindergarten to Grade 12, we offer an ideal learning environment for all children from all backgrounds to learn, play and grow.
Grade Configuration in LCSD's Bonnyville Schools to Remain the Same
At the April 19 monthly board meeting, the Lakeland Catholic School District Board passed a motion to create additional classroom space at École Notre Dame Elementary School by maximizing existing spaces in the building. The solution (as outlined below) will create two additional classrooms.
This allows the configuration of grades in LCSD’s Bonnyville schools to remain the same and it allows preschool to continue to operate in its current space at École Notre Dame Elementary School.
This solution will be achieved by:
- Removing the wall between Room 24 (45’ X 27.5’) and Room 26 (36’ X 27.5’).
- We will be able to create three classrooms from these two existing instructional spaces by constructing two walls. Each classroom will measure approximately 27’ X 27.5’.
- These three classrooms are comparable in size to the average classroom (27’ X 27’) at École Notre Dame Elementary School.
- We will also divide the present music room into two classrooms by constructing a wall in the middle of this space. Each classroom will be approximately 21.5’ X 28’, which is again comparable in size to the other classrooms in the school. We will relocate the music room from its present location to Room 14 (28’ X 27.5’) at the end of the hall next to the preschool.
This solution focuses on the issue of space rather than the elimination of a program. LCSD wanted to maintain the strong connection that we have with the students and families that we serve from their preschool years when they enter our Lakeland Catholic community to their graduation when they exit our school system. As such, LCSD has taken into consideration all of the feedback from our stakeholders in an effort to meet the diverse needs of all of our children and their families.
Meet LCSD's New Assistant Superintendent Pamela Guilbault
Lakeland Catholic Schools is pleased to announce the appointment of Pamela Guilbault as Assistant Superintendent of schools.
Pamela commences this position on April 18, 2017.
To read the full announcement, please click here.
Early Learning Programs
The Communications Focus for the month of April is Early Learning.
- Entering Preschool/Kindergarten is an exciting time in your child’s life.
- We want the transition to the school community to be as smooth as possible for you and your child.
- Each school has a process in place to orient your child to the program and will provide further information when you visit or register.
- A complete listing of information nights for Kindergarten and Preschool is listed here,
We will be doing radio interviews on this topic in the week of April 18th.
Stay tuned for updates throughout the month of April.
Upcoming School Information Nights
Holy Cross Elementary School
Kindergarten Information Night: Wednesday, April 19th – 6:30 pm
5201 – 49 Street, Cold Lake
Principal: Mr. Will Baker
St. Dominic Elementary School
Kindergarten Information Night: Thursday, April 27th – 6:30 pm
Preschool Open House: Tuesday, April 25th – 1:00-3:00 pm
920 – 7 Street, Cold Lake
Principal: Mrs. Michelle Kaminski
Notre Dame Elementary School
Kindergarten Information Night: Thursday, May 11th – 6:30 pm
Preschool Information Night: Thursday, May 25th – 6:00 pm
4711 – 48 Street, Bonnyville
Principal: Mrs. Kimberley Reashor-Kaiser
Light of Christ Catholic School
Preschool Information Night: Wednesday, April 26th – 5:00 pm
Kindergarten Information Night: Wednesday, April 26th – 6:00 pm
Open House: Monday, May 1st – All Day (8:30 am to 4:00 pm)
LCSD Celebrates Outstanding Annual Education Results
This year Lakeland Catholic School District celebrates Accountability Results that demonstrate continuous improvement (Please see the Table listed above). The overall measures include seven out of fifteen measures that scored “Excellent” (blue), six out of fifteen measures that scored “Good” (green) and two out of fifteen measures that scored “Acceptable” (yellow). There were no measures recognized as an “Issue” (orange) or a “Concern” (red).
For more information, please click here.