A Catholic Community of Learners, Opening Hearts, Minds, and Doors
Lakeland Catholic School District is comprised of 8 schools, located in the City of Cold Lake, the Town of Bonnyville, the Village of Waskatenau and Lac La Biche.
We are dedicated to providing fully permeated Catholic Education to the communities we serve. With classrooms built for the 21st century learner, and a proven French Immersion program from Kindergarten to Grade 12, we offer an ideal learning environment for all children from all backgrounds to learn, play and grow.
District Celebration 2017
Click here to download the list of award recipients.
This year Lakeland Catholic School District held its annual District Celebration on Friday, April 24 at École Notre Dame Elementary School in Bonnyville. This important district event highlights staff members who are retiring as well as long service staff members.
This year there were three retirees being celebrated as well as twenty long service staff members.The theme for this year’s event was Red and White 150. Trustees from Bonnyville did a fantastic job as Masters of Ceremonies for the evening. Trustees from all communities were in attendance to acknowledge retirees and recipients and to present them with their awards. Senior administrative staff including Superintendent/CEO Joe Arruda, Assistant Superintendent Pamela Guilbault, Secretary Treasurer Sylvia Slowski, Director of Student Learning Michelle Dargis and Director of Technology Clint Elliott were in attendance as well.
Thank you to all retirees and long service staff members for all that you have done and continue to do to support student learning and achievement.
Click here to read our News Release.
Retiree Debbie Greig
Retiree Louise Musty-Shipman
Ten Year Award Recipients Courtney Millie, Elaine Ernst and Terry Ozaruk
Fifteen Year Award Recipients Will Baker, Robin Hartzell,
Val Hanson, Julie Chorney and Scott MacDonald
Twenty Year Award Recipient Colleen Yoshida
Twenty-Five Year Award Recipient Debbie Wooldridge
Thirty Year Award Recipient Nicole Gaulin
Administrative Professionals' Week 2017
This week is Administrative Professionals' Week (April 24 to 28) with Administrative Professionals' Day on Wednesday, April 26.
Thank you to all of our hard working administrative professionals for the important contributions that you make to our district every day throughout the year.
Grade Configuration in LCSD's Bonnyville Schools to Remain the Same
At the April 19 monthly board meeting, the Lakeland Catholic School District Board passed a motion to create additional classroom space at École Notre Dame Elementary School by maximizing existing spaces in the building. The solution (as outlined below) will create two additional classrooms.
This allows the configuration of grades in LCSD’s Bonnyville schools to remain the same and it allows preschool to continue to operate in its current space at École Notre Dame Elementary School.
This solution will be achieved by:
- Removing the wall between Room 24 (45’ X 27.5’) and Room 26 (36’ X 27.5’).
- We will be able to create three classrooms from these two existing instructional spaces by constructing two walls. Each classroom will measure approximately 27’ X 27.5’.
- These three classrooms are comparable in size to the average classroom (27’ X 27’) at École Notre Dame Elementary School.
- We will also divide the present music room into two classrooms by constructing a wall in the middle of this space. Each classroom will be approximately 21.5’ X 28’, which is again comparable in size to the other classrooms in the school. We will relocate the music room from its present location to Room 14 (28’ X 27.5’) at the end of the hall next to the preschool.
This solution focuses on the issue of space rather than the elimination of a program. LCSD wanted to maintain the strong connection that we have with the students and families that we serve from their preschool years when they enter our Lakeland Catholic community to their graduation when they exit our school system. As such, LCSD has taken into consideration all of the feedback from our stakeholders in an effort to meet the diverse needs of all of our children and their families.
Meet LCSD's New Assistant Superintendent Pamela Guilbault
Lakeland Catholic Schools is pleased to announce the appointment of Pamela Guilbault as Assistant Superintendent of schools.
Pamela commences this position on April 18, 2017.
To read the full announcement, please click here.
Early Learning Programs
The Communications Focus for the month of April is Early Learning.
- Entering Preschool/Kindergarten is an exciting time in your child’s life.
- We want the transition to the school community to be as smooth as possible for you and your child.
- Each school has a process in place to orient your child to the program and will provide further information when you visit or register.
- A complete listing of information nights for Kindergarten and Preschool is listed here,
We will be doing radio interviews on this topic in the week of April 18th.
Stay tuned for updates throughout the month of April.