1. How do I register?
You can register online at our website:
You can print off a registration form at the above website and take it to your child's school. Alternatively, you can go to your child's school and fill out a registration form there.
2. How much does it cost to have my child(ren) ride the bus?
Nothing! Transportation for Lakeland Catholic is free for all students.
3. Can I bring large items or instruments on the bus?
Alberta Transportation can fine Bus Drivers for having "loose" objects on a bus. A guideline has been developed and sent to all schools and bus contractors outlining what objects or instruments can be taken on a bus. Even when these allowed items are on the bus they must be secured in a backpack or under the seat. Please download the pdf Guidelines for Large Items on School Buses (612 KB) .
4. Can I bring friends home with me on the bus?
No, busing is only for registered students on the route.
5. I have recently moved. How can I change my address and update my pick-up information?
Please fill out a new Transportation Registration form, they can be found on our website here, at any of our schools, or at our Central Office in Bonnyville.
6. I left something on the bus. Where is it?
First, talk to your bus driver the next school day. If they do not have it, check your school's lost and found.
7. My child is going to a different sitter after school this year, how do I arrange this (applies to both in-town and out-of-town busing)?
Please fill out a new registration form with all the details of where you child is going. Please use your home address for the top part of the form.
8. The busing contractor or driver is different from last year, will this mean that new routes might be created with different stops and times?
No. Busing routes and stops are determined by the transportation department of Lakeland Catholic. Bus contractors are given this information from us. There are changes in routes every year as new students register and others move away or graduate so their may be slight variations in times. It will take a few days for the buses to establish a consistent schedule. We thank you for your patience. As buses become full, sometimes your child will be assigned to a new bus. If this happens, your new driver or Lakeland Catholic will contact you.