The following is a list of rules and guidelines to ensure your child receives a safe and pleasant ride to and from school.
Courtesy at the bus stop
It is important for all students to respect each other while they wait at the bus stop. Each stop has a specific bus departure time. Students should plan to arrive at their stop approximately 5 minutes before the bus is scheduled to depart. This will ensure children are not waiting too long at their stop and also ensure that buses depart on time.
Discipline on the bus
To ensure a safe ride to school, the bus driver needs to be able to give their full attention to watching the road. Any disruptions on the bus by students can make it more difficult for the bus driver to focus. The following rules and regulations have been developed in the interest of both the students and the bus drivers.
School Bus Rules and Regulations
1. To reduce bus-riding time, students are expected to be at their designated stop prior to the arrival of the bus (5 minutes recommended).
2. Stay off the traveled roadway at all times while waiting for the bus. Watch your step and use the handrail when getting on and off the bus.
3. When it is necessary to cross the road students must cross fifteen feet in FRONT of the bus under the guidance of the driver.
4. Use of tobacco, alcohol, drugs, or vulgar language is not permitted on the bus or at transfer points.
5. While the bus is in motion students must not stand or move about within the bus.
6. Students must not throw or hang any object, or part of their body out the bus window.
7. The bus aisle and exits must be kept clear at all times. Animals, sharp or bulky objects MUST be transported by other means.
8. Students are responsible for the seat assigned to them by the driver and damage to seats, etc. MUST be paid for by the offender(s).
9. Students may talk quietly to the person beside them. Loud noises, shouting, etc. are dangerously distracting to the driver.
10. Students require written permission from their parents or school to disembark at other than their usual drop-off point.
11. Students are required to wear cold weather attire during the winter months.
12. Students are requested to notify the driver when an absence is expected from school.
13. No eating of foods or drinking of beverages on bus.
14. Electronic devices deemed to be a distraction to the driver may be banned from use or exposure on the bus.
15. The school bus is a public area. Photographic recording by any means or form by any device by students is strictly prohibited.