Click pdf here (2.05 MB) to read a news story about Literacy at LCSD from Lakeland Connect.
How successful are the literacy programs at Lakeland Catholic Schools?
- Literacy is the foundation for success and learning in life.
- This year we celebrate excellent results on the Accountability Pillar.
- The District provides support to all schools with Instructional Coaches to strengthen school-based literacy goals.
- Outstanding results occurred across the District also as a result of intentional content area literacy and literacy intervention strategies.
What makes the literacy program so strong and vibrant in Lakeland Catholic School District?
- Every staff member is dedicated and involved in the literacy education of our students.
- Literacy education at Lakeland Catholic School District is about helping kids find ways to make sense of the world by acquiring, understanding and communicating information in a variety of ways.
- By giving our students opportunities to develop critical thinking skills, literacy allows them to reach their full potential and enjoy a better quality of life.
Meet Our Literacy Instructional Learning Coach