Minister of Education David Eggen made an pdf announcement (97 KB) about Dual Credit on November 7. The announcement includes the release of the provincial Alberta Dual Credit Framework and supporting resources.
A broad range of Dual Credit courses have been offered within Lakeland Catholic Schools over the past few years including:
• The Registered Apprenticeship Program (RAP - Alberta Apprenticeship)
• University Studies (Portage College)
• Introduction to Heavy Oil and Gas (Lakeland College)
• Oil and Exploration (Lakeland College)
• Environmental Studies (Lakeland College and Portage College)
• Youth Evangelization (Newman College)
• Hairstyling (Alberta Apprenticeship)
• Early Learning and Child Care (Lakeland College, Portage College and Alberta Human Services)
• Sports Medicine (Sport Medicine Council of Alberta)
• Class 5 Driver Training (Portage College)
• 4th Class Power Engineering (NAIT and Careers: The Next Generation)
To read the News Release, please click pdf here (2.95 MB) .