Seventh Annual LCSD Girls' Retreat
Girls from across Lakeland Catholic School District had the opportunity to participate in the seventh annual girls' retreat this past weekend.
The retreat began on Friday, January 31 at 6:00 pm at École Notre Dame High School in Bonnyville and it ran until the next day at noon.
Staff and student leaders engaged the girls in a number of reflective and group activities designed to bring them closer. In addition to the fun and games, organizers held open question and answer sessions and led the group through worship. The culminating activity was the Big Cook where students came together to prepare meals for those less fortunate in our community.
Siobhan Penner is a teacher and Youth Minister at École Notre Dame High School and she is the main organizer of the event. Thank you Siobhan for your continued commitment to this important retreat.
Parish News 2019-2020
- Remaining True to Christ Now and at the Hour of Our Death
- How Can I Advocate for Catholic Education?
- Catholic Education Sunday, November 3, 2019
- Mr. Casey Penner received the ACSTA Honorary Life Membership Award
- Day of Prayer for Unborn Children
- Week of Prayer for Christian Unity 2020
- Regional Mass - Oct 27, 2019
- GrACE Summit - Oct 21, 2019
- Marked by God 2019
- Hungry for the Homeless - September 27, 2019
- Triumph in the Cross - September 21, 2019
- ACSTA President - pdf Welcome Back to School (137 KB)
Archived Parish News:
Archived Church Bulletins:
- Church Bulletin - May 2019
- Church Bulletin - November 2017
- Church Bulletins - May 2017
- Church Bulletins, May 2015
- Church Bulletins, November 2014
- Church Bulletins, May 2014
- Church Bulletins, November 2013
Parish Contact Information
To find out more about our parishes, Sunday mass times, sacramental preparation programs and other programs or events, check out their websites or contact your local parish office by telephone or email.
Click here to download Parish Contact Information.
Our Catholic schools work together with the home and the parish to provide a holistic Catholic faith community that fosters each child’s growth in faith. Our parishes are active participants in our school liturgies and our school members serve on local pastoral councils and are active in many ministries in our local churches. Religious instruction and school liturgies provide opportunities for students to learn about and celebrate the sacraments while the parish and parents share the vital role of preparing our children to receive their sacraments of First Reconciliation, First Communion and Confirmation.
Grade 2 - First Reconciliation
Grade 3 - First Communion and Confirmation
Grade 4 and up - Rite of Christian Initiation for Children or Teens
For more information about the Religious Education Program at Lakeland Catholic School District, please contact:
Religious Education Coordinator
Phone: (780) 826-3764
Cell: (780) 201-4054