The ICT Support Teacher positions were developed to support teachers with integration of technology into the classroom to better meet the needs of students' styles of learning.
The choice of employing teachers in these positions and not computer specific individuals is because of the working knowledge out ICT teachers have of the schools, curriculum and classroom dynamics.
Lakeland Catholic has two ICT support teachers, once specifically for elementary level support and one for junior/high school level support. Each of these individuals’ backgrounds are in those respective areas, which has helped integrate them smoothly into the classrooms.
Areas where ICT Support Teachers provide assistance:
- Lesson Planning and ICT Long Range Planning
- Professional Growth Planning
- Modeling lessons in class
- Team teaching lessons
- Assisting teachers in class when they are using technology
- SMART Board training
- Application training (GarageBand, Comic Life, Keynote, ...)
- Basic troubleshooting
- Work with small groups
- After school PD (teachers and Student Assistant)
- Researching and sharing technology resources
- Inventory and laptop maintenance
- Personal Professional Development Training