Lakeland Catholic School District No. 150
Invites applications for
Cultural Liaison Worker
Providing support for Cold Lake, Bonnyville, Lac La Biche & Waskatenau communities
The Cultural Liaison Worker works as a member of a team which is responsible for supportin English Language students (K-12) and families both individually and in group settings by connecting them to community resources and supports linking back to the school.
To provide newcomers with orientation, information, coordinated community referrals, supportive settlement counseling. They will assist in bridging students into the school system and providing a safe place for them to seek help. To provide translation and interpretations services which will assist newcomers in acquiring skills needed to fully participate in local community life.
- Provides orientation and complete intake services to individual/family newcomers, including data and checklist information.
- Enhance language acquisition strategies through linkages to specialized community agencies.
- Provides ongoing and responsible support to English language families in times of crisis and emergency issues.
- Facilitates workshops for students and families on an as needed basis.
- Refers settlement questions, issues and needs to appropriate Lakeland Catholic and community staff, supports, services and programs.
- Sets up cultural programs in schools on an as needed basis.
- Experience working with immigrant populations and working with community support systems and agencies
- Valid Alberta Driver’s License
- Strong organization, interpersonal and communication skills
- Knowledge and experience working with students and families in crisis
- Fluency in a second language
- Strong oral and written skills
- Proficiency in technology would be an asset
Hourly pay will be $17.68 with the position commencing August 22, 2018
Please forward your resumes by May 30, 2018 to:
Deputy Superintendent, Human Resources
4810-46th Street, Bonnyville, Alberta, T9N 2R2
Phone (780) 826-3764 Fax (780) 826-7576
Click pdf here (74 KB) to download this job posting.