- located in Northeastern Alberta, approximately 240 kilometres northeast from Edmonton (which is home to West Edmonton Mall).
- diverse in its cultural heritage and rich natural resources. The town’s motto is “It’s Multi-Natural”.
- a major service centre for the area. The Town of Bonnyville serves more than 10,000 people who live within 10 kilometres of the town.
- surrounded by lakes and forests.
- the industrial service centre for the oil and gas industry in Northeastern Alberta.
- a dynamic community with a full spectrum of services for its citizens and visitors alike.
Cold Lake is...
- located just 287 kilometres northeast of Edmonton, 170 kilometres north of Lloydminster and 600 kilometres northeast of Calgary.
- the commercial centre of Northeastern Alberta.
- known for some of the richest petroleum resources anywhere on Earth.
- home to Canada’s largest air force base - 4 Wing Cold Lake. Fighter jets can be seen daily flying over the area.
- a demographically young community, making it an ideal place to raise a family.
- home to affordable housing, outstanding recreation facilities, safe streets and a multitude of educational opportunities.
- a village considered “the Gateway to the Lakeland”. It is situated about 100 kilometres northeast of Edmonton.
- surrounded by a countless number of lakes, ideal for camping, fishing and water sports.
- a small rural town with a lot of traditions and friendly people.
- full of residents who take pride in their farm work, agriculture and sports activities.
- well known as hosts for all types of baseball tournaments in the summer.
- full of enjoyable trips to surrounding countryside, especially when the canola is in bloom.
Lac La Biche is...
- a hamlet within Lac La Biche County. It is located about 220 kilometres northeast of Edmonton on the southern shore of Lac La Biche.
- Lac La Biche is home to the Lac La Biche Golf Course, while numerous lakes and campgrounds provide outdoor recreation opportunities in the area, including the Lakeland Provincial Park to the east.
- The main campus of Portage College is located in Lac La Biche. The college has an ACAC hockey team named the Portage Voyageurs.
- a small rural community with friendly people and lots of traditions.
Additional Community Links
Please visit the following links for additional information on the regions and communities we serve.
Alberta Community Profiles